Social Communication for Your Business: Jump on the Pinterest Brand Wagon
The benefits of social media for businesses are practically endless. Here is a list of reasons why your company- big or small- should be on Pinterest.
1. Build traffic to your website. Shareaholic, a third party measurement company, recently found that Pinterest drove more referral traffic than Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn combined. When you pin a picture, it provides a direct link back to the website that you got it from.
2. Recruit Employees. With many online classified websites charging for recruitment ads, your company can recruit using Pinterest by creating a board for the job, which is free! The New Traditionalists, a furniture company out of New York, currently has a board called “HELP WANTED!” They are creatively searching for a Client Services Superstar.
3. Engage customers. The more your company engages with customers, the better. Some ideas that companies have used include having contests for the best pin board about why a user loves your company, or have customers pin pictures of them using your product. Familiarize your customers with the company by putting up a board of executives or from the company Christmas party. Southwest Airlines’ Pinterest page dedicated to employees and day to day activities, including a photo of CEO Gary Kelly.
4. Emphasize your brand. If you do a lot of work with charities, pin pictures from events or anything related to the work and donations your company has done.
5.Visualize your data! An infograph is a visual representation of information or data. Is your company the number 1 in your industry? Illustrate it!
6. And what do these things generate? More sales. Sales are obviously huge to a business. According to a case study by online boutique Boticca.com on BusinessOfFashion.com, Pinterest users not only spent double what Facebook users were spending ($180 from Pinterest vs. $85 from Facebook), but Pinterest also influenced 10% of transactions, while Facebook influenced 7%.