There’s a New Station in Town
Are you fatigued with mainstream radio and listening to the same playlist again and again? Last month, Boston.com launched RadioBDC, an Internet station that showcases the best of the alternative genre 24/7.
The station features DJs from the recently departed 101.7 FM WFNX Boston (the East Coast’s first alternative station,) which was sold to Clear Channel. The closure of 101.7 FM WFNX was the latest in a series of dramatic changes that the Boston radio landscape has undergone. Other significant developments have included:
• Contemporary adult station WBMX moving from 98.5 to 104.1, replacing legendary “The Rock of Boston” 104.1 WBCN and making room for 98.5 The Sports Hub
• ClearChannel’s launch of Matty’s Comedy 1200 AM in August
• A Top 40 station AMP 103.3 in lieu of Oldies 103.3 in June
• The introduction of new variety station 101.7 The Harbor in July
• An 93.7 FM outlet for Boston sports radio WEEI in lieu of adult hits station Mike 93.7 last year
Listen to RadioBDC at work and help support undiscovered talent! Best of all, it’s absolutely free! Now available at the iTunes Store.